So there has been a thing called the Dialect vLog or Accent vLog going around the web.
I have a sweet spot for the study of language. My favorite class that I took in college was “Intro to Linguistics”. After a couple of weeks in class I started to deeply regret having been a Creative Writing focus, as Linguistics seemed way more exciting. If I hadn’t already been in my final semester of study, it may’ve been enough to make me change majors.
So, the only problem with me doing this video log thing is that I hate being recorded. I’m kind of a lousy public speaker. An entire semester spent trying to break me of saying “um” every 5 seconds and I never managed it. I also ramble.
And in this video I look like I don’t have a chin.
(well, for the moment….I ramble about hating being recorded in the video…..yeah….I have problems…)
In case you’re interested in giving it a whirl, here is the list of words/questions for The Accent Vlog: Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught
- What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
- What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
- What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
- What do you call gym shoes?
- What do you say to address a group of people?
- What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped
- body and extremely long legs?
- What do you call your grandparents?
- What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry
- groceries at the supermarket?
- What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
- What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
Have you done the Dialect/Accent vLog? Leave me your link!